Saturday, November 23, 2013

Delta Downs Jackpot

I didn't get a chance to handicap this race but just looking at who was entered, I would have bet on Whyruawesome based on the name alone and on Mighty Brown because I assume he's an offspring of Big Brown who won the Kentucky Derby in 2008, my first Derby. I have a soft spot for the offspring of horses I've seen win.
I just watched the race and boy howdy! Rise Up was impressive! He took the lead early on, kept it and then just about caught fire coming down the stretch! Nobody came close to catching up to him. If he can keep racing like that, I'll bet on him the first Saturday in May.
Rise Up's win in the Delta Downs Jackpot gave him 10 points. He's tied for third place on the leader board with New Year's Day, We Miss Artie, and Cleburne. But the Kentucky Derby is still 159 days away (I may or may not have an app on my phone that keeps track of that for me) and so much can (and will!) change in that time.
Until next time, Derby fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment