Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Holy Bull Stakes

Well, I handicapped the race but the problem was I liked so many of the horses! I picked out (1) Coup de Grace for the combo of good jockey and trainer along with a good record. I liked (4) Almost Famous because Borel was on top and my motto is "Even if he's riding a ten speed on a muddy track, I always bet on Borel" and because Almost Famous had won at the distance of 1 1/16 miles with a comparatively decent Beyer Speed number. I liked (7) Cairo Prince because he has a good record and trainer and had some good work outs recently. Wicked Strong (8) caught my eye because of his jockey, trainer, record and performance in the Remsen Stakes.


My imaginary exacta (boxed, of course) was 4/7/8 and my exactas were 8/6 and 1/7. The horses came in 7-9-11-4 so had I bet, I wouldn't have won anything. As usual! But I had fun doing it and that's what counts!


No comments:

Post a Comment