Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bad Derby hats

I've posted examples of cute hats that are appropriate for the Kentucky Derby so I thought I'd post some examples that aren't Derby-worthy.

You cannot buy your Derby hat at Walmart or Target. A simple floppy sun hat will not do. I know you want to save money but, trust me, a proper Derby hat can't be found at  big box discount store.
Boooorrring!

 Nope. Not even close.

Do not DIY and try to dress up a Walmart or Target hat. You can't hot glue some ribbon and flower from Michael's on it. That would be like taking a Sharpie and writing "Dom Perignon" on a 40 of Miller High Life. 

 Good try. 

Red Hat Society hats are a big no. They're fine when you're having tea with your classmates from the class of 1920 but not at the Derby.

No.

There's a not-so fine line between a Kentucky Derby hat and "I raided my grandma's closet." Be sure you're on the right side of that line. A few examples of Grandma's Closet:


Unusual is good, bizarre is not.You're at the Kentucky Derby, not the royal wedding.

Not to mention this thing will set you back $1,400.

How does this even stay on??



No comments:

Post a Comment